Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Finland

Re: Hello from Finland

Thanks guys!

I'm finally in progress to fit ZX7R rear wheel in. I have wheel & tyre ready and if i remember correctly i still need 7r sprocket carrier, cush drive & brake disc? What else? Spacers, what size?
    I know it's all probably covered in pitstop but i don't have enough posts yet to read there and i don't want to write useless stuff just to get there...

Stollen from Pitstop

starting from sprocket side and goin across to brake rotor.

1- use the factory zrx spacer between cushdrive and swingarm.

2- use the zx7r cush drive and the zx7r cush drive bearing. also the zrx 1200 sprocket will bolt right up to the zx7r sprocket carrier and will give you a lot more choices on sprockets as they will now have the common smaller bolt pattern instead of the zrx 1100 large pattern.

3- use a zrx1200 cushdrive spacer as it fits the id of the cush drive bearing and the od of the zrx axle.

4-use zrx wheel bearings as they will fit the zx7r wheel and the zrx axle.

5- use a zrx1200 inner spacer that is cut down to the same length as the zx7r inner spacer this will allow the proper fit with the zrx bearings and axle.

6- use a zx7r brake disc.

7- use a steel spacer from a zzr1100 in between the wheel bearing and caliper hanger,they are perfect as they are and fit the zrx axle.

8- use a early model zx7r caliper hanger as it is similar to the zrx only a little shorter, the zx7r disc is smaller than a zrx disc and also has a different bolt pattern.

9- now use a zrx sleeve out of a zrx caliper hanger and have the od of it turned down to fit inside the sleeve of the zx7r caliper hanger. put it in oposite from the zx7r sleeve so ya have a large face on each side this will give the proper width to the zx7r hanger needed to fit in zrx swingarm.

10- reuse the zrx caliper as it fits fine on the zx7r hanger.

11- put the wheel in the zrx swingarm and slide the axle thru and tighten like normal. the wheel will now be mounted.

12- make two short spacers to put between the caliper hanger and the caliper to getts the right side to side spacing and center the rotor in the caliper. use longer grade 8 bolts and the caliper is mounted and ready to go.

13- now use a piece of 1 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick aluminum flat stock and put two easy bends in it to alighn the caliper mount with the swingarm mount. put a hole in each end and bolt up using grade 8 bolts for safety. i also used lock nuts that will not vibrate off in case they ever did come loose.

14 put the stock or aftermarket brake line back on.
    Another 1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

Thanks a lot Andy!

About part 5, "use a zrx1200 inner spacer that is cut down to the same length as the zx7r inner spacer" , anyone happens to know the length of the 7r inner spacer?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    22mm according to this (should be easy enough to check / confirm though)

http://www.kawasakioriginalparts.com...-J1&country=GB
    I feel stupid now, had totally forgot that page Thanks!

No stupid questions on here brother

..........occasional stupid performance claim though!

i rode Al's bike on Saturday and cannot believe how good the ohlins forks are (coupled with the brembo brakes was an almost lazy fast ride if that makes sense)
    Cant comment on the Brembo's, mine still has the std Toks but I do know what a difference the Ohlins gear makes!

It's unbelievable how time flies, but now i'm FINALLY at last stages of fitting the seven rear wheel. Only need to machine sleeve a bit as i did not read this part instructions carefully enough: "9- now use a zrx sleeve out of a zrx caliper hanger and have the od of it turned down to fit inside the sleeve of the zx7r caliper hanger. put it in oposite from the zx7r sleeve so ya have a large face on each side this will give the proper width to the zx7r hanger needed to fit in zrx swingarm."

Anyway, getting there soon...

kawas11.jpg
    Last edited by Kasawika; 27th April 2017 at 05:57 PM.

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Quote Originally Posted by Kasawika View Post
    but after 10 years i tought it's time to move on,
    I tought I taw a puddy cat,

Bored. I'll get my coat
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by Kasawika View Post
    Except i don't think there is pearl in eggplant...
    .......and there ain't a pearl in MMP......it's metallic......the clue is in the name!

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post
    .......and there ain't a pearl in MMP......it's metallic......the clue is in the name!
    Are you absolutely sure about that? Because as a painter, even i've never mixed that paint by myself i'm almost ready to swear there is pearl on it unless you have 100% facts on your hands. Metallic in paint name does not mean there is no pearl in it...
    Last edited by Kasawika; 28th April 2017 at 10:04 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast