Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohlins forks real cost?

Re: Ohlins forks real cost?

That price is only 180 more than the OP's set and there is no voo do and that was 18 months ago.
    I can understand them wanting a deposit just in case people back out after they had paid for them on there account.
    I have talked to Harris at the shows and I liked what they said jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfossil View Post
    I've never ridden a bike with ohlins forks but I'm sure they must be fantastic, I modded my forks with gold valves and they're superb compared to standard forks for only 85.
    Tell us more please sir
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Thing is when you are wanting expensive parts it's very easy for the likes of me to say that sounds a fair price but it's not my money.
    Most things cost a bit more than we want to pay but rare parts make your bike special.

Why not give Nitron a call? Don't forget last year (or year before) they were developing some RWU forks and were using a ZRX as their test mule. Pretty sure there was a thread on here about them. So if they're finished then no need to worry about "voodoo" of ordering from overseas. Let us know how you get on.

Unless of course it HAS to be Ohlins! And I can understand that, I'd love a pair, but they are too much dosh for me. However I did want a better handling bike and so had my standard forks re sprung and re valved by Darren at MCT. They are heaps better than standard, giving a lot more confidence in the front end.
    Keep it upright

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Tell us more please sir
    I'll let fossil tell you what he's done, but I have ridden his bike and it handles sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Tell us more please sir
    All there is to tell is that I had 1kg springs already fitted and K tech flow control valves aswell, and still not really happy with the amount of dive it had so bought a set of race tech gold valves off an American seller on ebay
    Fitting them took about 4-5hrs once the fork legs had been removed, the instructions are pretty vague but once you get going its all common sense really ,full fitting walk through can be found on the ZRXOA, I fitted 10w oil but I'm changing to 7.5w (with air gap of 120mm) over the winter. the front feels really nice and plush now, its taken the harshness out of the ride.

a great mod that doesn't seem to be done a lot now, several years ago it seemed like every one was doing it. great value for money, just a bit fiddly and time consuming, but easily done in a day. you don't even have to disturb/change the fork seals. but when your this far in you may as well.

Nitron were no help, they can't even give me a ball park figure or a delivery date, sometime next year they will go into mass production.
    They looked looked ok tho.

That's a shame, but thanks for the update. Mind you, next year is only a month away!

I suspect the cost will be similar to the Ohlins.
    Keep it upright

Mine came from Drew, but a long time ago and were about 1250 i think. The Yen was very week against the pound back then.

If I was doing the bike now, I would do what Oldfossil has done, the Ohlins are good and are plush but I bet Oldfossils forks are more than adequate.

The oil thread seems to be coming to its natural conclusion, which is the same as all the other oil thread conclusions
    UK Turbo Division Member # 1 of 2 You Will Be Assimilated
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
    Don't argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast