Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your other bike today?

Re: What have you done to your other bike today?

Ordered new Led taillight bulbs for the Aprilia should save the bulbs from the vibrations of the twin......
    Maxx.

If u can't explain it simply , u don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

[QUOTE=gunther;466411]did some grinding and paining

[QUOTE]
    What was painful about it??

I finally managed to get at the old ZR750 in daylight. Not too cold either.
    (No heat or light, the big downside of a council lock-up )

Stripped all 3 brake callipers and cleaned off the gunge, greased up all the sliding bits and rebuilt them, just needed one new securing pin. Good job I had bought a few extra last time I did the callipers :

I was then finally able to move the bike !

Got it out of the garage and give it a quick wash to find the paintwork under the grit & grime.

All ready for taking to work tomorrow - just to upset my boss - His Duke 999 is in mothballs until April.

Stood and stared at for 15-20 mins then decided to cerese it with the finest soft cloth..MMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgierex View Post
    Stood and stared at for 15-20 mins then decided to cerese it with the finest soft cloth..MMMMM
    Are u sure ur in the right thread m8 "this one is WHAT HAVE U DONE TO UR OTHER BIKE TODAY.....
    Maxx.

If u can't explain it simply , u don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Run the W660, this time of year it`s sat in the corner of the garage under a blanket & plastic sheet. It gets trickle charged & run every every two weeks.
    If it ain`t broke..........Don`t fix it !

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Are u sure ur in the right thread m8 "this one is WHAT HAVE U DONE TO UR OTHER BIKE TODAY.....
    Sorry I got carried away there.. there's just somthing about 98 R1's they still look stunning..

[QUOTE=labrat;466457][QUOTE=gunther;466411]did some grinding and paining

What was painful about it??

I finally managed to get at the old ZR750 in daylight. Not too cold either.
    (No heat or light, the big downside of a council lock-up )

Stripped all 3 brake callipers and cleaned off the gunge, greased up all the sliding bits and rebuilt them, just needed one new securing pin. Good job I had bought a few extra last time I did the callipers :

I was then finally able to move the bike !

Got it out of the garage and give it a quick wash to find the paintwork under the grit & grime.

All ready for taking to work tomorrow - just to upset my boss - His Duke 999 is in mothballs until April.
    probably the metal splinters in my arm painting wasn't too painfull fortunately Well impressed with the hammerite quality, takes 6 weeks to harden though
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Been into the garage desperately trying to figure out why there is a horrible noise from the front end of my 03 Lawson Rex. Sucking noise from the right fork seems sorted by turning the screw ontop of fork leg, made screw on left leg the same and front end now seems firmer and quiet. (Still accumulating posts in order to visit the pitstop section so I can figure out how to adjust fork preload/damping and stuff). Still makes a nasty noise when I push the bike and apply front brake, she dives and clunks. Callipers off next I think to check the pads aren't about to fly out. Whilst riding and under braking there is a fizzing noise from the front brakes too, discs are not worn or scored. ??????

Good job the weather is crap and Im not missing precious riding time.

Managed to scrape the fresh paint off newly painted barrel of newly rebuilt rotax engine from my MT500
    My neighbours now think i have tourettes

recon you're best off taking the forks out and replacing the oil and at least the top seals, it should be air-tight! And while you're at it have a look at the brakes, if they make fizzy noises some pistons might be seized and the brakes stick. Check for uneven wear on the pads!
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast