Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your other bike today?

What have you done to your other bike today?

Just an idea, as a few of us ride all year round and put our Rex's up for the winter (I'm not hijacking the Rex thread) I can only say "looked at the Rex, cleaned it again, moved in to the other side of the garage" etc. I doubt it'll generate the same interest, but I'll start it any way. My winter bike is a B12. A few days ago had to free of the front brakes, it would not roll down the drive Working a treat now but noticed the the exhaust was a bit loose, I'll do that at the weekend me thinks. If it had not been bolted to the frame it would have fell off this morning hunt around the shed & garage, nice bet of tube from some old hand rail kicking about, perfect fit and a very tidy sleeve. Job's a good 'un. . Lets see what happens next
    Never get mad, just get even

Re: What have you done to your other bike today?

Aha!
    Well. I have a 610TC Husky supermoto for the winter and it needed a few things sorted out recently:
    *new clutch
    *new tire front and rear (Continental ContiAttackSM)
    *oil change etc.
    *new brakes
    Sometimes it's almost as bad as a Harley: parts are falling off and it's leaking oil! (Owkay, it's a bit exaggerated, but still). Last weekend, I went for a ride and returned with a loose left side panel. I'm going to invest in selflocking nuts soon And loctite. Huge amounts of loctite

(Besides that, I love it )

SOLD IT!! Well it was getting in the way of the Rex.
    Låt inte jävlarna slipa ner dig

Looked at both others, sitting next to the ZRX........

hehe, just put this on a CB1 forum, doing the bike for the missus, so might as well post it here. Anyone else got one of these wee bikes?

Last year I bought a CB-1 for the missus, since it's small, light and cheap ;D (yes, I'm dutch)

So, I picked one up for 300 euro, general condition looked a bit tatty but it was kept indoors bij the PO and he supplied fresh oil and coolant with it (never got around to fixing it himself) Battery was dead, so couldn't check the engine. Front brake was seized completely, had to take off the caliper to move it as all. forks were leaking, everything else worked. this was how I got it:

So, new battery, turns over, doesn't fire. Carbs gummed up? you bet!

after that, electrics failed. Digging deeped I discovered more and more crap and bad modifications. So I got a new reg/rec and and a new wiring loom. That needs to be placed. In the meanwhile I replaced the rear brake caliper, the radiator and revised the front brakes. Checked valve clearanced and changed oil filter, oil and coolant. wow, I did more than I thought I did now that I look at it All this in the back garden, which is not perfect.

So now I have it in the garage, let playtime begin!

first order of business: rebuilding the forks. Now everything on this bike seemed to have been screwed in by king kong or a relative. This is how the fork caps looked:

So: no way I got them off without butchering them completely. Now I had some forks from a gsx-750f hanging around, so tried those (also 43mm)

Fit like a glove, except that the brakes won’t fit without a lot of hassle, so decided to try the stock forks first. Stripped em without taking the tops off. Fortunately, both allen bolts came off without a problem, 1 missed the copper ring : Decided they could use some new paint:

After that filled em with 500ml of oil (was probably a few cc’s in the internals) the wrong side around (remember, we’re working on a zero budget here )

Cleaned the wheel and the disc, fitted it all back up

So that’s it for now. Plan is to change the loom out, get the clean carbs in and see it it will work. Will also clean up the exhaust while it’s on the bridge for some new paint, and strip off the passenger pegs and shorten the front pegs for the missus little feet Hope to fit my DIY lightweight battery, and try to take off as much excess stuff as possible for a clean look.
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

I bought a honda cb500 for my mrs I'm in the middle of tidying it up but heres a photo before I started.....

Maxx.

If u can't explain it simply , u don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Changed the side panels on my XL250S, was going to repaint the tank etc.
    but changed my mind like the used look,

My Rex is my winter bike. My other bike is a cruiser but I wouldnt use it in winter so the rex is used year round

Charged the battery up on the VFR, this weekend I'll be fitting the standard screen back on and prepping it ready to sell on.

Team Fat Bastard
    RBLR1000 Iron Butt UK Member 2012
    I'm not a complete idiot.............................some bits are missing

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, Formerly of Manchester, UK

Spent 4 hrs cleaning everything in view on my GTR1400, putting it up for sale to get a newer model in Black......

On my 02 Aprillia RSV Mille, hopefully putting all the newly painted panels on so we can line up the decals....
    09 Kawasaki Concours (GTR1400)
    08 Honda Rancher 420
    12 Honda Foreman 500 4x4
    00 ZRX 1100 (sold)
    03 ZRX 1200

All my bikes are fine tuned at Norfolk and Chance motors!

Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast