Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ZRX 400 Faq.

Re: ZRX 400 Faq.

Moriwaki Man (or anyone else who knows their 400s) I finally got round to doing the fork seals - is there a special tool required to get them apart? Otherwise how do I do it?

Tim when u finish, i like to know too. Left seal is totally bust

Moriwaki man! Visitor

Arrow Re: ZRX 400 Faq.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Moriwaki Man (or anyone else who knows their 400s) I finally got round to doing the fork seals - is there a special tool required to get them apart? Otherwise how do I do it?
    You'll need to fabricate a special "T" bar to hold the inner socket, however if you can get the forks off and down to your local garage with airtools they should be able to undo the 8mm allen bolts without this special tool needed.

Just back from Oz but will scan in the schematic for it tomorrow.

Plumbing pipe with some "gaffa" tape round th cut edge makes a good drift for fitting the new seals.

later...MM!

Thanks Mori. My mate welded a large nut (imperial size just under 27mm) to another smaller nut and used an extension bar & socket. It came out easily and the forks were easy to take apart & re-build.

Roughseas - wee bunnies mate, the hardest bit is propping up the bike! (My paddock stand died the death and dumped the bike on me )

So,

what can you say about ZRX1200 Service manual and it's compliance with ZRX400 (JDM)?

And one more: when mototas was delivered, i saw that fuel tank died. Really, inside it was like a ONE BIG RUSTY PIECE of metal Now i'm looking for the new one on eBay, but my location makes the most of lots undeliverable (Kazakhstan) . I think - may be try to built the new fuel tank from fiber? Using original as model. What can you say? Am i right?

If you build a fibreglass tank, I think you'll need to coat it with something. Modern petrols have additives that can eat the gel coat away. Not good.

Have you tried filling the old tank with small stones, and shaking it to get rid of all the rust? This works well (bit like a bead blaster). Then have it welded up if necessary. Afterwards you can seal the tank, there's a few liquid sealers around, I think ones called 'Petseal'.

Good luck

The drunker I get, the faster I was

yeah used petseal good stuff
    we'll fight them on the beaches (and the airports)

Another Tech detail:

Front rim: 3.00 x 17
    Rear rim: 4.00 x 18

Rim & tyre fitment from dropbears GUIDE

Was wondering if a 160/60 fits on the original rim, as per the chart it does, but is there sufficient clearance? Very difficult to find 150/60 or 150/70 sizes but the 160/60 x 18 is available.

What say experts?

This is brilliant, cnt believe the amount of info I have found on this site already.

Startin to learn the lingo but still a complete ameture

Thanks

Hi.

Would any of you 400 owners possibly know (or have easy access to) the header dimensions where it mounts to the cyl head. Looking for diam and spacing between the individual pipes. Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast