Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRACTICAL SPORTSBIKE MAG (1ST ISSUE)

mully76 Visitor

PRACTICAL SPORTSBIKE MAG (1ST ISSUE)

In Sainsbury today reading the MCN whilst Mrs was shopping when i noticed a new mag on the shelf entitled "PRACTICAL SPORTSBIKES, BUYING, FIXING & RIDING THE BEST BIKES FROM THE 70's, 80's & 90's. Picked it up & within flicking through a few pages i was tucking it in the trolley under a loafa Hovis.

If you like older model bikes which i reckon most people on this forum do (90's man myself) then this is a good read. Loads of helpful hints n tips on bike that we all love & don't require a computer & enginnering PHD to fix. I do like the look of modern bikes but they don't do it for me like the older stuff.

I don't usually buy mags (apart from those that reside on the highest shelf you understand) just read em in the supermarket whilst waiting for her. This however i may subscribe to (maybe). It's the 1st Issue anyways so worth gettin just to see if it becomes a big title (RIDE, BSH, STREETFIGHTERS) and increase in value. Check it out.

Re: PRACTICAL SPORTSBIKE MAG (1ST ISSUE)

Looks OK but very similar to "Motorcycle Mechanics" that are now focusing on 70`s,80`s + early 90`s machines, but i will buy it anyway

On the subject of mags i picked up this months Bike mag today and apart from the usual "Sports Bike`s" and " Giant Trailies" features i noticed that it is shrinking in size and the pages are a lot thinner than before , making it feel more like a comic than a magazine. The only thing that hasn`t been reduced is the price.

Kendo.

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Bike mag today and apart from the usual "Sports Bike`s" and " Giant Trailies" features i noticed that it is shrinking
    including the freelance work

My personal opinion is that the mag has lost its identity. I've had arguments/debates/meetings with the last three editors and the problem is, they are directed from above. BIKE was always very good on the leftfield stuff, that was its strength: it covered stuff that no one else did. So there was stuff on joyriders, biker cults, and general weirdness along with the testing. Now though its current policy is 'sportsbike orientated' - which is odd, since PB are in the office next door. There are some good journalists there but there is also a terrible lack of imagination and vision IMO.

The strange thing is that BAUER who own MCN PB BIKE RIDE etc have chosen this moment to launch the new mag.

One theory was that in a recession people keep older bikes on the road. Whatever, they will do very well to survive.

I'll tell you what i think later, popped out earlier and bought it, now i'm going for a shit
    WHAT IS IT WITH TYPING ZR FUCKIN X IN BEFORE I CAN POST FFS!!!!!!!!

mully76 Visitor

It's a great Shit read Logi but nothing beats the Demon Tweeks catalogue for some dead leg bog action in my opinion. lol

will defo have a look at that,streetfighters is gettin boring,should be called the suzuki monthly,i luv my suzi`s too but c`mon.

Quote Originally Posted by mully76 View Post
    It's a great Shit read Logi but nothing beats the Demon Tweeks catalogue for some dead leg bog action in my opinion. lol
    For me it's making my fantasy workshop with the Machine Mart catalogue
    WHAT IS IT WITH TYPING ZR FUCKIN X IN BEFORE I CAN POST FFS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logi1200s View Post
    For me it's making my fantasy workshop with the Machine Mart catalogue
    And also Screwfix.
    1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

www.dogsos.co.uk

The epic tales of Dan Walsh travelling through the Americas is some of the best writing i've seen in a motorcycle mag (Bike) in years.

slightly off topic i know....i will however give this new publication the once over.
    can you dig it ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast