Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: VFR blues.......

Re: VFR blues.......

Quote Originally Posted by yox View Post
    Quite like the VFRs and I think they are quite good value these days.
    Meeting the guy tomorrow for a test drive and sunlight viewing after cleaning (it had inch of dust on it in the dungeon).
    Polish onslaught

Dissapointed with the bike. Once semi clean and inspected in normal lighting, not flashlight, I could see it contained parts of at least two bikes. One pristine and other not.

Polish onslaught

Walk away, walk away from Dixieland...

Back to the Craigslist surfing. I think I can find good bike worth my money sooner or later.
    Polish onslaught

Found one, but it is on the other end of Florida.

Looks like it belongs to someone who cares for his things. Papper add is more than a month old so gentleman should be anxious to sell by now.
    Bike has 14 k miles, and factory panniers that are otherwise 'spensive.

There is also automatic tranny one close by that I know is a peach, can't talk myself into buying automatic thought.

Polish onslaught

Got some more pikies from the seller in the requested locations

This one looks really good
    Polish onslaught

very clean

Team Fat Bastard
    RBLR1000 Iron Butt UK Member 2012
    I'm not a complete idiot.............................some bits are missing

Not many of those bikes for sale at all. The one that is shown above is as far from me as London from Berlin. There is one close by but just couldn't get the guy to show it me - up to now. Hopefully tomorrow.

There is also this one.

This one too, as far as Germany. Bit scared who would order seat in color like that, maybe it can by dyed black? Sent out specific pictures request but got only two that were already in the add. Doesn't look like gentleman wants to play ball.

Found 2013 model at a dealership really, really far, nice color and even mods that I want. Spensive, I put an offer up, waiting on call back... Who knows maybe they bite, I suppose they do not have much business wintertime.
    Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 21st February 2019 at 02:40 AM.
    Polish onslaught

Finally I was able to see the bike that is relatively close by. It is due big service so the owner is eager to sell and was able to talk him down from the asking price quite bit.
    Actually I saw big new Canam trike seating in a second garage, damn rich people...

Test ride dual clutch transmission bike for a first time yesterday. Quite interesting expirence. I was trying to stall it at the lowest possible speed, no can do. Gear change is quick and abrupt, one can hear engagement but this doesn't translate to the drivetrain.
    Bike handles very well once moving, weight is not felt.
    Polish onslaught

wonder how these things ride, Honda cocked up by making them too heavy, too thirsty with too small a fuel tank. Other than that I can imagine they are fun to ride
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    wonder how these things ride, Honda cocked up by making them too heavy, too thirsty with too small a fuel tank. Other than that I can imagine they are fun to ride
    Soon you will get to know them up in personal Gunther - if I get it

Honda problem was to offer them at BMW pricing so all the peeps started to invent stuff.
    What you mention are all not issues up here. I specified heavy high speed expressway mile eater for the last bike space that is left in my garage.
    It is a big country, cruising expressways on the motorcycle is not for faint hearted. Leasure running speeds are past 80mph and there is no separate, lower speed limit for 18 wheelers. Wake turbulences from those road monsters are something else. So heavy and well planted is a plus.
    I need top of the line brakes that onda sure have. Tank size is non issue, gas stations here are everywhere and 24/7.
    Other Bikes that fitted my specs were: zx14, Concourse and BKing.
    ZX14 are dime on the dozen here, Concourse is white hair bike and bkings are bit overpriced for 10 years old bike because of their rarity. VFR1200 I never see in person before I started looking for one.
    Polish onslaught

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast