Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst bike i ever owned

Re: Worst bike i ever owned

Got to be my H***a TL 125 trials bike. Single seat, no lights, vintage car rubber hooter to get through the MOT and overheating before I got out of the yard............
    Let The Good Times Roll.............

Currently living in New Jersey whilst working in the USA on a 2 year secondment

A "tweaked" BSA C15 (dont laugh), it was also my first bike and had been tweaked by the previous owner. It had, I believe, a Trident (high compression) piston and would regularly chew the kickstart cotter pin rather than turn the bike over, it was an utter dog but my dad was a Brit man and all Jap was crap so I had to fight on in the face of X7s, RD250s, KH250s, and Superdreams. If it wasnt leaking oil then it was empty!! Horrible and yet I still keep thinking of buying a Triumph 250 single of early 70s vintage - i just never learn!!!

Thumbs down Re: Worst bike i ever owned

Got to be the suzuki DR 650. Fancied myself as a bit of an off roader a few years back and the thing just shuck itself to bits, seat fell off,side stand deployed then i fell off. Changed it for a KTM LC4 620 and never looked back.
    Tatee bye.

Cz 250 combined gear lever and kickstart,take swing miss and graze shin,bike fires lever swings back straight into first!! aaaaaa crunch as i topple over,sold the pile of shite same day!!

My worst has to be a suzuki gt250b every 2000 miles it used to melt the left hand piston 3 pistons and 2 barrels later I bought another 1 it was just the same dear lesson learnt there

Hond a cb900 what a nightmare bike .
    Alright we know these early h&%$"s had cam chain problems.
    I got a new 2nd hand set of barrels low milage cus the cam chain had been thrashing into the tunnel. What I did'nt expect was the new cam chain to last 300 miles till it snapped .But there was light at the end of the tunnel some realy helpful toe rag nicked it and with all the work I had done got more back than I paid for it .
    It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it

My worst bike has to be a Yamaha XS750 triple, It seized at 80mph and threw me off, can't remember anything after that until I woke up with 2 angels over me I thought I'd gone to heaven.

1997 Suzuki GSXR750. Bought it new but it had to be the most overrated bike ever. Crap forks and completely gutless. When the power did arrive at about 10,000rpm there wasn't that much of it either (112HP on TTS's dyno). A real disappointment and I still reckon Suzuki are blueprinting the test bikes that the magazines get.

husky 610te 2 cam chain tensioners in a month total top end rebuild and cam chain arfter only 9000 miles greenlaning was a nightmare if you went trough a puddle[ air intake at bottom of filter box bloody good idea that was ]would stop, now the only good thing about it was the handling they should have done what ccm done and put a suzuki engine in it now that would have been a good offroader

Post Re: Worst bike i ever owned

It's painfull to talk about it, but here goes; The worst bike I had was a 1989 vfr750. The fuelpump would short out, this happened in the outside lane of a tunnel, TAKING IT HOME AFTER I BOUGHT IT! Took me hours to get home, mind you this was my first bike, so my mum & girlfriend were sure I had crashed. Eventually I sorted it with a new secondhand pump, had some good times on it untill I crashed it. It slid onto a roundabout and a truck ran over it... Perhaps it was doomed from the start.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast