Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst bike i ever owned

Unhappy Worst bike i ever owned

Based upon an idea by Elkfazer on the old board, whats the worst bike you ever owned, and why?

For me, this is hard. All the bikes i've owned have had their quirks, but also their redeeming features. All have given me fond times as well as nightmares -except the rex, no nightmares I spose the worst has to have been the CJ250. I reckon i spent more time inside the engine than riding it, it made sandwiches better than it made corners, and finally blew up on a run to Stormin the Castle, when the top of own of the pistons melted. Rode it home as a 125cc single tho, 160 miles, and it made it (used a supertanker of oil tho) so even that 'expereince' is tempered by smiles

Re: Worst bike i ever owned

Honda PC50 single geared step thro auto moped,crap brakes but on a good day on the flat only did 35mph! but the upside was it got me interested in bikes as the thrashing it got caused the valves to pull the collets off the top of the valve and contact the pistons twice in my short years ownership and got me to Scarborough road races and back in a day about a 90mile round trip

Honda CJ250T in canary yellow.

Vibrated so much it made my arms go so numb that I couldn't work the brakes or clutch.

The day it caught fire (rotted wire loom), I abandoned it in relief.

Team Phat Bastid (Euro Division)
    HCW Founding Member...and they fucking love it!

Thumbs up Re: Worst bike i ever owned

got to be suzuki x7 most frustrating bike ever go like f*ck one day blow up the next but having said that taught me a lot about two stroke motors

Kawasaki KH100EL
    Mainly due to the drum front brake, it was useless and I went into the back of several cars.
    It also seized about 2 weeks after I bought it.

Sold it to a mate who almost killed himself on it.

My worst bike was a Yamaha XS650 twin, fcuk me it was slow after my Suzuki GS550, it lasted about two months then I bought a Kawasaki Z750 LTD
    what a bike back on track

HONDA VT500, this had inboard brakes, trouble is i'm not sure where they were inboard on, because as far as I could work out it had no brakes at all.

Then the swinging arm rusted through underneath and HONDA wanted more than the bike was worth to supply a new one, the trouble was the shaft drive passed through it.

Eventually, rebuilt swinging arm by welding metal plates to it then good coating of hamerite.

Owned the damm thing nearly 4 years of which it spent 30 months off the road.
    Sod the nickname, call me les.

Talking Re: Worst bike i ever owned

Mine was a Suzuki Bandit 400, it was an utter pig, probably the most horrible/dangerous bike i ever had. All the fastenings had a habit of rattleing loose even after been torqued up these included the break caliper bolts, the rear sproket bolts (found this out when i could fell rattling on the M6 at about 80 and pulled over!), the engine mounts etc The best bit was when the rectifier caught fire just as i pulled into a petrol station and only realised when the copper in the van next to me jumped out shouting at me with a fire extinguisher, should have let it go up!

thats bizzare my other half is running a 400 bandit at the moment and one of her front caliper bolts came out 2 week ago but other than that upto now it is a good little bike

Keep a close eye on the elcetrics, the fire in the petrol station was pretty scary......

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast