PDA

View Full Version : zx12R forks

mczrx
10th August 2006, 08:14 PM
Ok IF the ebay seller actually comes through with the sale, I have bought zx12-r forks and yokes.

Now on initial checking after the fact (the price really was that good!) the discs appear to be the same - they are not radial calipers so the ZRX 6-pots should fit.

so, my questions .......

What is NOT going to fit???

and if it wont fit, anyone know anyone looking for a set of zx12-r forks and yokes??

Ta

Alex

yasimitysam
10th August 2006, 10:38 PM
Not sure but does the zx12 have a electrical speedo . :ysam:

Purge
11th August 2006, 01:48 PM
legs may need lengthening or zrx steering could be far too quick
legs may need stiffer springs to take weight of Rex
probably need a zx12r front wheel / or spindle and bearings to fit the zrx wheel.
need to get the yokes modded to take the zrx stem and head bearings
need some way to fit the zrx fairing frame / clocks to the yokes.
need to fit handlebar risers to the yokes if not fitting the zx12 clip-ons
not sure the zrx 6-pots will bolt straight to the zx12 legs

OR maybe it'll all bolt straight on ;)

:purge:

bikesnoopy
11th August 2006, 03:03 PM
...or maybe you should sell it on to someone whos just frontended his ZX12. . . then use the proceeds to buy a ZX9 B4 front end & simply follow the "step by step" guide in Pitstop ;) . . . :dunno:

yasimitysam
11th August 2006, 04:34 PM
Or try this place I happen to know he's fitting some to a rex in 2 weeks. http://www.tesperformance.co.uk/ :ysam:

mczrx
11th August 2006, 04:41 PM
...or maybe you should sell it on to someone whos just frontended his ZX12. . . then use the proceeds to buy a ZX9 B4 front end & simply follow the "step by step" guide in Pitstop

Now, that is almost EXACTLY the same line of thought as me!:) :)

bash62
12th August 2006, 11:58 AM
contact robspider he has them on his bike. had to have top yoke made. i'm sure they are zx 12 forks
cheers
bash

mczrx
13th August 2006, 12:29 PM
how do I contact robspider? - cant find him as a username.

yasimitysam
13th August 2006, 12:53 PM
Click on members list top of home page . Click on R, 2nd page .
Best you don't fit em yersen :mut: ;) :ysam:

ROBSPIDER
13th August 2006, 06:58 PM
hi,i can only speak for a 1100 don't no about a 1200,,,,,yes you can fit them if you want,,,,,fitted them my self any questions ask away:happy:

yasimitysam
13th August 2006, 07:14 PM
:hand: nice work Rob, is that a standard top yolk . :ysam:

ROBSPIDER
13th August 2006, 07:25 PM
:hand: nice work Rob, is that a standard top yolk . :ysam:hi, thanks, bottomyoke zx12r top yoke izac engineer's 240,,stepped to give right length works great:> :drink:

Peeky Power
13th August 2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Rob, was this conversion a simple bolt on job except for the top yolk or did you have to re-steam the bottom yolk ??,how did you get around the speedo drive etc,are the forks the same length as the ZRX ??,I would think you have left the spring rates standard as both bikes are about the same weight ??.

I'm looking at doing a coversion along this route but i don't want to follow the crowd and use old ZXR 750/900 folks.

I was looking at using the set you have used or possibley the Z1000 set up but as yet I've not found the time too many projects on the go......

mickfarmer64
13th August 2006, 07:58 PM
hi,i can only speak for a 1100 don't no about a 1200,,,,,yes you can fit them if you want,,,,,fitted them my self any questions ask away:happy:
That looks fookin spot on..:thumb:

arelewis
14th August 2006, 04:46 PM
Having recently acquired a set of said zx12R USD's for fitment to my own ZRX1100 the answer to your question has to be simply, anything can be made to fit within reason...it just depends on how clever you are or how big your wallet is coz there's always someone out there that'll be able to sort it for ya!!!

Ps - depending on where you're situated, the guys down at TES Perfomance are able to work wonders with anything with two wheels. Check out almost any issue of Streetfighters mag...

mczrx
15th August 2006, 01:11 PM
Nice Bike!!!

hopefully mine will look as good!

ROBSPIDER
15th August 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Rob, was this conversion a simple bolt on job except for the top yolk or did you have to re-steam the bottom yolk ??,how did you get around the speedo drive etc,are the forks the same length as the ZRX ??,I would think you have left the spring rates standard as both bikes are about the same weight ??.

I'm looking at doing a coversion along this route but i don't want to follow the crowd and use old ZXR 750/900 folks.

I was looking at using the set you have used or possibley the Z1000 set up but as yet I've not found the time too many projects on the go......
HI, i had to re-stem ,as bearings are different, you just get them pressed out
its an operation :blahblah: .
speedo drive I file 3mm off the outside face to centralised the wheel made oposite to suit:blahblah:
fork legs are 25mm shorter i had stepped top yokes made 240 mirror polished
i hope that help's tra,,,,,,:drink:

mczrx
18th August 2006, 08:33 AM
woo-hoo, the forks have arrived!!

$130 for the legs and yokes - thank you Ebay.com!!!!!