PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Bikers

wardourdrive
18th February 2006, 11:54 AM
I am wondering how many vegetarian/ Vegan bikers are out there.
My wife is a vegan and is having trouble finding non leather clothing that actually fit.
I am a vegetarian, well since December and don't mind sticking to all my old leather gear.

Also I am looking for possible Vegan Biker friendly accomodation around the country if anyone knows of any or can recommend some.

kcearl
18th February 2006, 12:17 PM
im veggie all me life but it has to be leather for me Im afraid...there are fabric suits out there that now nearly equal leather in abrasion tests but they are pricy..900 was one of the only ones to completely equal leather in a Ride consumer test recently..

As for accom I went to one in the black isle near Inverness a few years ago but cant remember its name...most up there are bike friendly whether they advertise it or not..

http://www.scotland-info.co.uk/vegetarian.htm

In Brittany..

http://www.bike-stay.net/france/accom/scaer.html

im sure there are plenty of others..one in Powys if my memory serves me well:thumb:

:kcearl:

tomo
18th February 2006, 12:27 PM
i whent out with a vegetarian once she would not eat meat so i had a fish tatood on it :wink: :lol:

yasimitysam
18th February 2006, 12:30 PM
http://www.cruisermotorcycles.co.uk/biker_friendly_accommodation.htm

wardourdrive
18th February 2006, 05:59 PM
Tomo, Even if I had a fish tattoo it would be no good :cry:
It would have to be a tattoo of a carrot. :\

wardourdrive
18th February 2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the response on accomodation, I will check some out.

I think I will stick with Leather and my wife will ahve to make up her own mind as she is the vegan not me.

I did get her some vegan friendly bike boots, Cyber Bike Boots which look like leather but are not, mind you alot of makes of boots are not actually leather.

Tennis
18th February 2006, 07:16 PM
Rukka isnt leather but is a bit pricy and she'll never be wet or cold again.

:tennis:

tomo
18th February 2006, 09:24 PM
Tomo, Even if I had a fish tattoo it would be no good :cry:
It would have to be a tattoo of a carrot. :\
dame that means my minnows no good then id never fit a carrot on it :lol:

RHM
18th February 2006, 10:38 PM
Rukka isnt leather but is a bit pricy and she'll never be wet or cold again.

:agreed: I wore my Rukka Goretex jacket today and was toastie warm. I'll no doubt be wearing it again to the Ace as usual for this time of year.

Charlie Fox
20th February 2006, 06:54 PM
I am wondering how many vegetarian/ Vegan bikers are out there.
My wife is a vegan and is having trouble finding non leather clothing that actually fit.
I am a vegetarian, well since December and don't mind sticking to all my old leather gear.

Also I am looking for possible Vegan Biker friendly accomodation around the country if anyone knows of any or can recommend some.

Got some really nice gortex stuff from Hein Gericke (in a sale too!).

Re:leather .....I don't eat dead animals....I just wear them :mut: