PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it great when....

Stunts
31st December 2005, 12:33 PM
You do something really worthwhile to your bike? I did an oil and oil filter change, air filter to a K+N, spark plugs and I taught myself how to Synchronize the Carbs - all in an afternoon yesterday - in my garage locked away form the world.... A small amount of happiness! Have a great New Year all!
S

michaelzrx
31st December 2005, 12:59 PM
Well done "stunts", give yourself a slap on the back, now all ya got to do is take her out for a "test" ride and get her coverd in salt :doh:

:drink: to you in 06

Salop Dave
2nd January 2006, 12:00 PM
well done indeed, a very worthwhile afternoon's work. i share your sense of extreme satifaction and well being and all round smart arseness, gonna do the same myself one weekend soon. Any tips?
cheers
Dave :hail:

yasimitysam
2nd January 2006, 05:58 PM
Nice one Stunts , but has it cured your crap acceleration . :ysam:

Stunts
2nd January 2006, 05:59 PM
well done indeed, a very worthwhile afternoon's work. i share your sense of extreme satifaction and well being and all round smart arseness, gonna do the same myself one weekend soon. Any tips?
cheers
Dave :hail:

Tips -

Have a 12" and a 4" Phillips head screwdriver available to balance the carbs.

Run the engine before changing the oil as you would usually but be very careful as the 'zorst runs very close to the filter cover.

Get a workbench and a length of tube that will fit on your tank fuel cock - also get some smaller diameter tube to go in the other end then into the fuel pipe to the carbs - put the tank on the workbench so the fuel tap is the right side, the rubber pipe to the fuel tap and the other end straight into the fuel line to the carbs. no arseing about with funnels etc. then! The dampers in the Morgan Carbtune I borrowed were exactly the right size to fit in the pipe from number 2 carb - the most fiddly to get at one - so I took the length of hose off the damper and connected it straight to this, much easier!
HTH!
S

Salop Dave
4th January 2006, 06:03 AM
that's great thanks stunts. How does she go now? :bike:

Stunts
4th January 2006, 06:33 PM
that's great thanks stunts. How does she go now? :bike:

No idea - salt and crap all over the roads - I'll only risk a quick ride when it's dry!
S