PDA

View Full Version : Z1400...

bikesnoopy
14th December 2005, 07:21 PM
I see in MCN,theyre reporting the possibility of a Z1000 replacement,using the ZZR1400 motor. Should be a bit of a beast...as long as they dont de-tune it too much...and dont cock up the styling... :\
No mention of a ZRX1400 tho... :cry:

Whitey
14th December 2005, 07:23 PM
as long as they dont de-tune it too much...and dont cock up the styling...
What, you mean like every other time a bike is previewed then released?

David W
14th December 2005, 07:57 PM
Don't hold your breath that it will look good. Kawasaki's designers have been getting it pretty horribly wrong over the last year or so. The new ZX6R, the 2006 ZX10R and the ZX14 are all completely minging.

bikesnoopy
14th December 2005, 08:06 PM
Well,i hope they make it look better than that pile of shite looking Z1000.
Apparently an excellent bike-if you can handle its looks...
Thats just my opinion,mind... ;)

big jamsie
14th December 2005, 09:41 PM
Its all about opinions, and i think Kawasakis desighn team have been doing a fantastic job of turning the companies fortunes around. I think the zzr1400 looks like an absolute monster (i want one but cant afford it), however i doubt that any new naked bike from kawasaki will match the zrx for looks or character although you can be sure that it will trounce every other naked for power (cause thts what kawasaki does best)

bikesnoopy
14th December 2005, 10:05 PM
I think you and me are alone in thinking the ZZR1400 is one hell of a piece of kit. Id love one too...please :pray:

orserider
14th December 2005, 10:45 PM
me wanna zzr14 to,canna face the finance :doh:

bernard
14th December 2005, 10:59 PM
I think you and me are alone in thinking the ZZR1400 is one hell of a piece of kit. Id love one too...please :pray:

No your not alone i want one too , and i want it now ! ;) Dear Santa ive been good can i have :blahblah: :blahblah:

AJ rbrc
15th December 2005, 07:33 AM
And you beleive MCN?

TI GG RRRRRRRRRR
15th December 2005, 10:18 AM

i like it :D:

Sog
15th December 2005, 08:37 PM
MCN = more crap news ,total comic imho

big jamsie
15th December 2005, 09:19 PM
Had a zzr11 and loved it, the 14 will b more of the same in a modern package

big swifty
16th December 2005, 04:07 PM
ZX14 is UGLY. I'm sure it's bad-ass, but it's even uglier than the busa. WTF were they thinking with the testarossa fins? It looks like a damn Katana... ridiculous.

ZRX Gremlin
16th December 2005, 04:40 PM
Had a zzr11 and loved it, the 14 will b more of the same in a modern packageThe ZZR 1100 was a damn fine bike in it's day and by all accounts a good one is still a damn fine bike now.
The ZZR 1200, although faster and allegedly better was bland in comparison. Mr Kwak seemsed to have smoothed out too many rough edges and made the riding experience just a little too sterile.
So the Z1400. More of the same? Just another boringly quick bike? :tired: We wait and see.

Purge
16th December 2005, 09:59 PM
I think you and me are alone in thinking the ZZR1400 is one hell of a piece of kit. Id love one too...please

Nope, said it before and will say it again, I'd have one too if I could afford it (to keep purgerex company) ;)

Awesome :thumb:

:purge:

maverick zrx
16th December 2005, 10:47 PM
I quite fancy a zzr1400 in black... very nicey..veeeery quickeeyyyy.... :biggrin:
I'd have a ZX12r as well.....Its the closest ive ever been to a fighter pilot..

tog
28th March 2006, 12:22 AM
I've lined up a test ride on one of them there ZZR14's as soon as the local dealer takes delivery of one.
He's offered to take my 2005 ZXR (5,000 km on clock) + $6000 CAD (3000) in cash. Sounds like a deal and I'm sure once I've tested a ZZR I'll be tempted. The problem is, I just don't think I could part with my ZXR. Especially as it was the last but one ever to be sold in Canada !

Decisions, decisions.......:hmm:

Lightspeed
28th March 2006, 03:26 AM
Tog,
You'll likely be able to buy some version of the ZZR1400 for some time now.

They aren't making any more REXes, and you got one of the last.

Think about it. :\

jmd4x4
28th March 2006, 04:55 AM
How about just get a wrecked ZX14 (you know it wont be long for that to happen) pull the engine and put that in the ZRX frame.;) The 14's engine is the same size as the 12's plus you get fuel injection. Then you get the looks and the new engine. Thats what I am thinking of doing.

later
jmd

hi2alans
31st March 2006, 05:18 PM
I reckon that the ZZR1400 is well :cool: and wicked :bike: in either the black or the blue and would have one yesterday if I could.

Not get rid of REX tho, so would have to be an "as well as" and not sure if that possible!!!!!

Be perfect for those South of France day trips

For all those who hate it, don't get one :agreed:

:alan:

buster
31st March 2006, 05:32 PM
I think both the zzr1400 and the zed 1000 are great looking bikes

tog
3rd April 2006, 12:40 AM
Man, that would be a serious ride.

But are you sure the 14 is the same (physical) size as the 12, JMD ?

How about just get a wrecked ZX14 (you know it wont be long for that to happen) pull the engine and put that in the ZRX frame.;) The 14's engine is the same size as the 12's plus you get fuel injection. Then you get the looks and the new engine. Thats what I am thinking of doing.

later
jmd

johnnyrep
3rd April 2006, 07:55 PM
i sat on the 1400 this weekend at the bikesafe,it is massive but i like big bikes.

kawasaki uk told me its a pre production bike[wouldnt give me a spin] and not to expect one in the uk

too soon as its gone down a storm in the usa and they are sending them

extra at our cost.

its more grey than black,as for the rf 900 style fins i was told they are aerodynamic

pretty awesome close up................................................ ........

probaly get....:banned: ....changing out of first gear

need to take it over to the autobahn to let rip

.................................................. ...............................:cool: