PDA

View Full Version : SOUTHAMPTON (HANTS)

METALMARK
15th August 2009, 11:51 AM
Hi all,

Have posted in the appropriate place but for your info.....I Live in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, and have a Metal Stockholders in Southampton. oh and am found at my regular watering hole "The Stile" (a biker friendly pub in Shirley).

Mark

Madmarshal
15th August 2009, 06:23 PM
Kin ell i haven't been in the Stile for years..... used to play pool against them.
And lived in wimpson lane millbrook.

Last few pubs i used to drink in down there before i moved up tut north was

The Frog and Frigate (Opp ocean village.dunno if its still going)

The Spring (My old clubs local haunt,closed and flats built before i left)

Mado's (long gone in the history books)

The Canute. (closed due it falling down around us)

The Red Shoot , New Forest.(sunday ride outs and a good crowd normally)

And a few club houses.

But tonight we will be visiting friends in Fawley for a party.........

Burchy
15th August 2009, 10:18 PM
The Frog & Frigate was a good pub. All spit and sawdust. Closed quite a few years ago :cry:

The Red Shoot is a nice trip out and has a nice camp site attached to it. Often a few bike there as well. Could be a good place for a meet up.

Don't think I've been in The Stile since 1979!

Young Burchy
15th August 2009, 11:56 PM
You down this way atm then MM?

Pop up to 9 New Road Ashurst, right after the Forest Inn and the island in the road if you wanna have a cuppa. :) Usually one of us around.

Wimpson Lane...I learnt to drive around there, did my emergency stop there I think?

Metalmark - ever ride up to Loomies, on the A272 near Winchester, localish meet, go up there a bit...it's a good place to catch up? If not, some offer (above) applies!

:bike:

METALMARK
16th August 2009, 04:53 PM
You down this way atm then MM?

Pop up to 9 New Road Ashurst, right after the Forest Inn and the island in the road if you wanna have a cuppa. :) Usually one of us around.

Wimpson Lane...I learnt to drive around there, did my emergency stop there I think?

Metalmark - ever ride up to Loomies, on the A272 near Winchester, localish meet, go up there a bit...it's a good place to catch up? If not, some offer (above) applies!

:bike:

Burchy,

Yes mate...used to go there when it was the little Chef, have been a couple times since it changed to Loomies..but i must admit I love the roads out there (when the Old Bill arent around)..In fact went to the Hampshire Bowman last Sunday for a pint & a Ploughmans, good ole selection of bikes from Classics, italian, Brit, Harleys, sports etc....and a nice big pub garden to chill out and have a stretch.......thx for the offer of a cuppa as well!

Mark

METALMARK
16th August 2009, 04:59 PM
Kin ell i haven't been in the Stile for years..... used to play pool against them.
And lived in wimpson lane millbrook.

Last few pubs i used to drink in down there before i moved up tut north was

The Frog and Frigate (Opp ocean village.dunno if its still going)

The Spring (My old clubs local haunt,closed and flats built before i left)

Mado's (long gone in the history books)

The Canute. (closed due it falling down around us)

The Red Shoot , New Forest.(sunday ride outs and a good crowd normally)

And a few club houses.

But tonight we will be visiting friends in Fawley for a party.........

Heh Madmarshall...........Pool in the stile.....christ the guys play for sure but they are normally too bladdered to see straight...lol

Red shoot is still a nice place for a drink am out there regularly with the lads.

The canute was a long established bikers haunt as was the F & F. Still if you ever come down this way, and you see a black zrx11 outside the Stile, just pop in make yourself known...never know might even give you a game of pool?

Mark

METALMARK
16th August 2009, 05:02 PM
The Frog & Frigate was a good pub. All spit and sawdust. Closed quite a few years ago :cry:

The Red Shoot is a nice trip out and has a nice camp site attached to it. Often a few bike there as well. Could be a good place for a meet up.

Don't think I've been in The Stile since 1979!

Burchy. If you ever see my Black Zrx11 outside the Stile, just pop in and say hi!

Mark

Earthworm
5th May 2010, 05:19 AM
I havent been to the Hampshire Bowman in years.

It used to be like the bar was in someone's sitting room. Funny place it was.

There seem to be a lot of rexxers in and around scumhampton so maybe we should all meet up at Loomers one day for tea and pies.

I will try and organise something mid June when I get back home.

It would be great to meet up with some of you and dribble at the mods on your bikes. Mine is still stock!

Pal
5th May 2010, 07:18 AM
If you South Hants guys organise something at gloomies, then drop us a line and we'll see if we can't get the HCW down to meet you all.

METALMARK
5th May 2010, 04:18 PM
I havent been to the Hampshire Bowman in years.

It used to be like the bar was in someone's sitting room. Funny place it was.

There seem to be a lot of rexxers in and around scumhampton so maybe we should all meet up at Loomers one day for tea and pies.

I will try and organise something mid June when I get back home.

It would be great to meet up with some of you and dribble at the mods on your bikes. Mine is still stock!

Ha Ha I know what you mean........Garden nice though and there is always a good few bikes on a sunny sunday, "Foods better the Gloomies too"

Pal, sure will mate.........when i finally get it running!;)

Mark

grant
5th May 2010, 07:14 PM
A good few rexers from dorset will meet at loomies just give us a date:biggrin:

Earthworm
6th May 2010, 04:38 AM
Wow,

Great response guys. I will definitely sort something out.

A provisional date will maybe be the weekend of the 19th or 20th June, Maybe the Sunday would be better (20th).

Is this OK for all ??

Young Burchy
15th May 2010, 08:53 PM
Good for me... :bike:

in and around scumhampton so maybe

Coming from Southampton, I t was really sad to see Portsmouth lose in the Cup today

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

;)

Be great to see some of the Dorset lot too.

Any decent meets down that way apart from Poole which is always mega busy, sometimes policed and just a drag to get to?

I'm going up to Hunters Lodge (Wincanton A303) weather permitting on Thursday evening after work, maybe with Dad and a mate on a 636 if anybody wants to tag along or meet up there. I'll post in rideouts too.

:D:

Malarky
30th August 2010, 08:08 PM
I live in Gosport but work in Southampton and would be up for a rideout if you guys are getting together?? :)

Burchy
30th August 2010, 08:11 PM
Marlarky, you'd best join the SW Mob in "Community"

Malarky
30th August 2010, 09:02 PM
Cheers Burchy, will check it out :O)

zrxtrucker
1st September 2010, 11:52 AM
I live in Gosport

snap, bridgemary, grey 1200s