PDA

View Full Version : Elsies And Fizzies

kawarex
29th November 2005, 05:36 PM
:teeth: Anyone else on the site own any of these or into them.

Whitey
29th November 2005, 06:56 PM
I've had a few RD's of different sizes over the years.

Theres a RD 250 in the garage in need of restoration as we speak!
Got most of the new parts, just need to get going on it.

I've always loved RD's but by the time I was into bikes at 16 FS1E's were old bone shakers ridden by the poor and stupid ;)

kawarex
29th November 2005, 07:44 PM
I've had a few RD's of different sizes over the years.

Theres a RD 250 in the garage in need of restoration as we speak!
Got most of the new parts, just need to get going on it.

I've always loved RD's but by the time I was into bikes at 16 FS1E's were old bone shakers ridden by the poor and stupid ;)
I still am poor and stupid :whitey: Your'e in the same boat as me got quite a lot of me 400 E parts sorted just have to get round to it.

mp
29th November 2005, 11:18 PM
lovely lc!

same colour as my 250lc and my 1st, 350lc :rockon:

mp :biggrin:

kawarex
29th November 2005, 11:35 PM
:rockon: Mark :lager:

MuzzyRex
30th November 2005, 08:03 AM
Yep,

Still got 2 Elsies, a white and blue 350 and a black 250 (mars bar colours).

The 350 is nearly finished, should be fun !!!!

Piccie attached

kawarex
30th November 2005, 08:15 AM
Well smart Muzzy,i always preferred the blue n white, i might have to search out a spare body kit and do a spare set for mine.!!

MuzzyRex
30th November 2005, 10:07 AM
Decent body kits are very hard to find now as you probably know, as is finding a petrol tight fuel tank !
Love the bikes though, this one is a replica of the one i had back in "82"
It was nearly as much fun as the Rex.

I have also bought a Gpz750 Turbo......

Cheers

Muzzy

kawarex
30th November 2005, 10:14 AM
:rockon: The TURBO's are a tasty bike deffo one for the collection as they the only one to work as they should but being a Kawa what else would you expect.

molosserman
30th November 2005, 01:31 PM
Had a FS1E in 74, and had a Barton tuned 350 LC that I traded for a Z1R, have to say the Z1R was the only Kawasaki I've had that I wasn't that keen on. Much prefer the Rex and the ELR's. Would like another LC with Allspeeds.

mp
1st December 2005, 12:09 AM
a few lc pics from my collection!

mmmmmmmmm,nice!

mp :D:

Whitey
1st December 2005, 10:00 AM
That black 250 is GORGEOUS!!!!
:hail:

BTW, Can't you keep anything standard? :shitstick

kawarex
1st December 2005, 10:30 AM
That black 250 is GORGEOUS!!!!
:hail:

BTW, Can't you keep anything standard? :shitstick
:agreed: Nice collection, the Black un is v. tasty.

mp
1st December 2005, 02:07 PM
Thats,my collection of photo's,not lc's :biggrin:

I will have to scan in some of my own bike photo's though!

mp :teeth:

bikesnoopy
1st December 2005, 04:32 PM
:hmm: I was still riding leaky old Triumphs & Nortons when the Fizzy was in its heyday and i was on big jap bikes when the LC's were the dogs,so i guess i dont have the same affection for them as most...not having the memories from my miss spent yoof on them. Still,i can see the attraction. I had a Yamaha TZR250R reverse cylinder about ten years ago which was fun but i think thats the only small bike ive owned.
Its good to see that theyve got such a strong & loyal following tho. . . :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Craig
6th December 2005, 06:43 PM
:whitey: you beast!

I had a fizzy at 16 it wasn't as desireable as the DT50MX or the RD50MX but it had the pace (not much).

I still miss it just wish I hadn't had a clear out 10 years ago and sold it to some scrote up the road who didn't appreciate it like I did.

I'd love to be reaquainted with it.

:craig:

Salop Dave
30th January 2006, 02:28 PM
i've owned a tube of solvol autosol too, it was and is great i wouldn't be without it.

on a serious note

ok that's the serious bit out of the way. i owned 2 RD400'S white and red and blue/black version (both had microns, k&n's all the power accessories). the powerband on these bikes gave me a thrill that has never been bettered ......on a bike that is!!
:biggrin:

mickfarmer64
30th January 2006, 10:22 PM
i've owned a tube of solvol autosol too, it was and is great i wouldn't be without it.

on a serious note

ok that's the serious bit out of the way. i owned 2 RD400'S white and red and blue/black version (both had microns, k&n's all the power accessories). the powerband on these bikes gave me a thrill that has never been bettered ......on a bike that is!!
:biggrin:
:D: RD400's. First time I went to the TT was on the back of my mates RD400 loaded with ruck sacks and throw overs etc. Front caliper about melted and turned the disc blue. We had to keep stopping to let it cool off. Oh and the crank fell out when we got back. Bloody good bike though ;) and that power band is amazing..(even with my lardy arse on the back) :bike:

Salop Dave
31st January 2006, 07:54 AM
ah such great memories of a carefree existance.

i once gave my white RD 400 THE REDEX treatment (my mate said it would add about 5 bhp....twat!) when i kicked it over and it spluttered into life our street was like Chernobyl...neighbours and parents not happy!

also on the way back from the bike show at Earl's court the exhaust can came away from the header pipe, so i stopped on the M4 , wrapped a Belstaff belt around it......5 miles later it caught fire!

oh happy days
:bike:

Clunk
31st January 2006, 09:52 AM
That fizzy looks exactly like my old one,a DX in the same colours, I think the reg was LJY 757R.

My mates had DT50MX, Suzi X-1, but my old fizzy was quicker, except the pedals hit the deck too easily.

Always wanted on original LC but never had one, would still like one now but no funds at present :\

Nidge B
31st January 2006, 11:52 AM
Had a purple FS1E in late '78. had it in part-ex for a fast but extremely expensive to run (talking paperound then apprentice money here) Fantic Caberlero.
Still couldn't afford an LC, considered 'em a bit naff at the time, a rich boys toy, just got pissed off with them ripping past my all-speed piped, high barred GT250. :D: Looking back I now realise it was just jealousy.

Heres something for fizzie lovers to drool over

http://www.fs1e.co.uk/

molosserman
31st January 2006, 08:32 PM
Going to pick up a 350lc tomorrow that I won on ebay for 960 stock apart from Roberts paint and Allspeeds. Unfortunately its not for me my brothers working in Sweden and asked me to find him one for when he gets back.

Salop Dave
1st February 2006, 02:59 PM
Quote: Heres something for fizzie lovers to drool over

nice pics of RD400 on this site too! :bike:

Boldor
6th September 2006, 09:55 AM
RD350 was the bike for me in the 1970's and latterly had a RZ350 which was a brilliant all rounder. Two stroke twins and Yamaha just go together..

50pence
7th September 2006, 07:21 AM
I had a '75 FS1E and a '79 aircooled RD250E, The E was the first one with the 7 port barrells and CDI, wires were std and alloys optional where as the '80 F had alloys as std. Mine had wires, looked brill and the reed valve motor was so much more crisp and gutsy than the S1, KH, X7 or any of the 4 strokes, the the LC came along and raised the game further.

rsaddo
7th September 2006, 10:59 PM
Had a 75 rd200 a later 250 dx a rd250lc and many fizzog 50's dx wish i still owned the fizzies they fetch rediculass muny on fleabay