PDA

View Full Version : help neded, info + disc

oakspeed
29th June 2007, 09:01 PM
has anyone got a windows 98se disc with password they can loan me???
me old computer with the above has gone tits up.
been told i need to format it and reload windows 98se disc.
i bought computer from the uni when i started in 2000,
so i dont have a disc.
if i get a disc, how do you format the computer?????
can anyone help me?????

derekwadd
29th June 2007, 09:20 PM
has anyone got a windows 98se disc with password they can loan me???
me old computer with the above has gone tits up.
been told i need to format it and reload windows 98se disc.
i bought computer from the uni when i started in 2000,
so i dont have a disc.
if i get a disc, how do you format the computer?????
can anyone help me?????
Best advice, buy a new PC, cheap as chips just now, PC world have this one just now http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/056069 and usually have it the same price in store. With a PC as old as your one it's just a matter of time before it all goes tits up.

Derek

oakspeed
29th June 2007, 09:27 PM
ive just bought one of them.
very nice indeed.;)

the kids want the old one to play on, and do word processing.
thats why i want to get it sorted.
ta.

derekwadd
29th June 2007, 09:40 PM
Best advice, buy a new PC, cheap as chips just now, PC world have this one just now http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/056069 and usually have it the same price in store. With a PC as old as your one it's just a matter of time before it all goes tits up.

Derek
Looks like a good deal, I take it when you say password you mean product key? If you got the PC from a University it should have the product key stuck on the case somewhere. To format the PC you are best to get a 98 start up floppy disc with the format utility on it and staart from there. Im sure someone near you has the discs, it does'nt really matter if you have a legal key for 98 any more as Microsoft stopped supporting it years ago. Have fun.

oakspeed
29th June 2007, 09:46 PM
Looks like a good deal, I take it when you say password you mean product key?
AYE, THATS THE BUGGER.

If you got the PC from a University it should have the product key stuck on the case somewhere.
NOTHING, :\

To format the PC you are best to get a 98 start up floppy disc with the format utility on it and staart from there. Im sure someone near you has the discs, it does'nt really matter if you have a legal key for 98 any more as Microsoft stopped supporting it years ago. Have fun.
TA.

Cobwebs
29th June 2007, 09:48 PM
just looked through the box of disc's i got but no joy but operating disk you can get your hands on (98se or newer)should do if it's newer it just up grades your system.

but I'm sure one of the experts will be here soon to correct me :)

PapaKwaka
30th June 2007, 01:24 PM
ive just bought one of them.
very nice indeed.;)

the kids want the old one to play on, and do word processing.
thats why i want to get it sorted.
ta.

Hi Oaks

PM me if you are not yet sorted.