PDA

View Full Version : FZR1000 Streetfighter

Hops
26th April 2007, 01:35 PM
Pleaseeeeee Help.

Just bought an FRZ1000 streetfighter ('95 on an M). This is my first project and I have not got a clue where to start. There seems to be a distinct lack of info on the internet regarding this particular model. I don't think it is an exup and it has standard forks (not USD). I have not got a clue what parts I can transplant from other bikes. I want to change the front end (forks, calipers, wheel... everything!). I would also like to tidy up the wiring, it looks a mess at the moment and jack up the back end. If there is anyone out there who can give me a clue and give me a good starting point, i'd really appreciate it.

Ta

Whitey
26th April 2007, 01:59 PM
This is my first project and I have not got a clue where to start.

You could start by selling it and getting a ZRX.

What part of ZRXOWNERSCLUB lead you think we are interested in a crashed Yamaha?

alcyvic
26th April 2007, 02:31 PM
:mut:

Hops
26th April 2007, 03:13 PM
You could start by selling it and getting a ZRX.

What part of ZRXOWNERSCLUB lead you think we are interested in a crashed Yamaha?

I saw another bloke on here chatting about his FZR and there seemed to be some pretty clued up peolpe giving sound advice. This is why I posted this thread in the "other bikes" section. What part of "other bikes" don't you understand? If your so devoted to your beloved ZRX, what the f&*k are you doing in here?

Whitey
26th April 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry, you are correct.

Can you tell me how to realign the runners in an ikea cabinet and give me a price on a big bag of small chavy garden gravel please?

BTW, I'm in here because I accepted the job of Admin on this owners Club and part of that job is to read every post and sort out numpty noobs posting irrelevant questions about old crash damaged rust buckets.

Hops
26th April 2007, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry, you are correct.

Can you tell me how to realign the runners in an ikea cabinet and give me a price on a big bag of small chavy garden gravel please?

BTW, I'm in here because I accepted the job of Admin on this owners Club and part of that job is to read every post and sort out numpty noobs posting irrelevant questions about old crash damaged rust buckets.

My apologies, the reason I have bought said rust bucket is because I have been riding bikes of some description since I was 3 and bikes are in my blood, but at the moment I am on the bones of my arse and this is pretty much all I can afford. There doesn't seem to be many decent discusion forums on the internet and when I ran across the other FZR thread I just thought you might be different. Although we all have our own opinions and loyalties to brands, at the end of the day we all love bikes. Once again, I apologise. Please feel free to utilise your administrative powers and remove my account.

Perhaps when times are a little easier, money not so tight and I can afford a ZRX, ZZR or a Ninja you will be more accomodating.

I apologise if I have offended anyone with my irrelevant ramblings about my beaten up, crashed, smashed, POS Yamaha.

Whitey
26th April 2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the apology.

There are ZRX's available for as little as 1800 these days. it would cost near that to buy a FZR and whack a complete front end and other shop bought bling on it.

If you get a ZZR or a Ninja this is still the wrong place for you to visit in the search for detailed information

As I said, Z R X Owners Club.

Whitey
26th April 2007, 04:00 PM
BTW, account not deleted.

Toe Knee
26th April 2007, 04:01 PM
Think all the FZR 1000 were exups but they tend to need the exup valves checked quite frequently though or the valve seizes up

Hops
26th April 2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the apology.

There are ZRX's available for as little as 1800 these days. it would cost near that to buy a FZR and whack a complete front end and other shop bought bling on it.

If you get a ZZR or a Ninja this is still the wrong place for you to visit.

As I said, Z R X Owners Club.

Thank you for the non-sarcastic reply. The rust bucket just cost me 800 (and I don't have a grand to spend on it). Crashed Yamaha it may be, but it is straight, the engine is strong and second class riding is better than first class walking. As for the Ninja or the ZZR, i'm too bloody short anyway so they won't be an option. There were a select few bikes which I was looking to buy with my limited budget, the ZRX being one of them but it just wasn't going to happen this time. Like I said, maybe one day.......

See you round....!

RHM
26th April 2007, 04:05 PM
I saw another bloke on here chatting about his FZR and there seemed to be some pretty clued up peolpe giving sound advice.

Yeah, the "sound advice" is usually confined to ZRXs 'cos that's what we're modding...

There doesn't seem to be many decent discusion forums on the internet

There's the EXUP Brotherhood who've had 'issues' with their domain names and web sites. Try here: http://www.exupbrotherhoodforum.com/

Just bought an FRZ1000 streetfighter ('95 on an M).
I don't think it is an exup and it has standard forks (not USD).

Tricky without the fairing but it doesn't look like an EXUP to me either, more like the Genesis which would then mean the 1995/M would be well wrong :hmm:

Whitey
26th April 2007, 04:11 PM
Good luck to you.

You only got sarcasm in the first place coz:

What part of "other bikes" don't you understand? If your so devoted to your beloved ZRX, what the f&*k are you doing in here?

..is way too hostile for a noob to go around posting.
Imagine saying that in a pub to someone before you finished the first half of your pint.

We didn't even get an introduction, did we?

jam
26th April 2007, 08:41 PM
:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: Absolutely spot on Whitey, This is the ZRX Owners Club, not the wrong year for the bike knackered Yam club. It may be a correct bike that's had another front end fitted from the earlier Genesis, but at the end of the day who cares, it's not a Rex, and yes noobs should be rather more polite than that.

50pence
27th April 2007, 08:07 AM
It doesnt look at all like a 95M FZR anything, the engine looks like an FZ750 though is perhaps a pre EXUP FZR1000 Genesis of around 87/88 vintage, perhaps an import hence on later plates.

RHM
27th April 2007, 09:41 AM
It doesnt look at all like a 95M FZR anything, the engine looks like an FZ750 though is perhaps a pre EXUP FZR1000 Genesis of around 87/88 vintage, perhaps an import hence on later plates.

My thoughts exactly.

bikesnoopy
27th April 2007, 05:57 PM
That bike isnt...& never was an exup. It has the wrong frame. I would say its an FXR750 or 1000 Genesis 87 or 88. The 89-91 first generation exup's didnt have lower frame rails under the engine.The 91-93 RU models & the 94-96 3LG models had a completely different frame with welded on box section rear subframe. The rear bodywork isnt exup either. God knows how it became M reg.
When i crashed my second exup,i stuck on some straight bars & a few other bits and it was in Streetfighters mag...! Amazing the crap they stick in that rag...:biggrin:

bikesnoopy
27th April 2007, 05:58 PM
...i do of course mean FZR750 or 1000...NOT FXR...!:p:

qdg8511
27th April 2007, 06:34 PM
Could have bought my baby rex For the same money and woukldn't have had all the grief.

Definately not a Exup, looks more like the FZ then FZR, maybe looks different because the front end is missing. Get shot of it and come and buy my ZRX.:D: :cool:

SuperSonic
21st October 2007, 10:11 PM
This was my bike some years ago. Bought an original FZR and converted it to streetfighter all by myself (including frame polishing, back end welding...)

Here it is: 1991 FZR 1000 Streetfighter:eyebrow:

Dogruff
21st October 2007, 10:47 PM
There's a lot of work gone into that. Looks good

Panth
22nd October 2007, 10:43 AM
Very nice street fighter,Sonic.

carlzrx
22nd October 2007, 12:43 PM
:cool: thats really nice,where is it now?

SuperSonic
22nd October 2007, 02:04 PM
It is still somewhere in Slovenia I guess:bike:

And yes, it was quite a lot of work, approx. 3 months in winter after my job till night...I am thinking to do something similar with the ZRX Im going to buy...but its gonna be much more evil:cool: (I learned a lot on that FZR, on the ZRX I wont make the same mistakes again)

Well if someone is curious what this bike was made of:
-GSX-R 1000 (2002) rear shock
-Anodized front forks with 15W oil and Wilbers springs
-Superbike kit
-Racing brake lines
-Custom dogbones
-Braking Wave discs
-Honda CBR1000 rear end
-Home made rear end frame with a seat lock mechanism (that was a b*tch to do)
-Home made undertray, license plate holder, modified indicators...
-Racing exhaust system
-Dynojet, K&N...
-Frame, rim, and other parts were polished
-etc...

Mr Angry
23rd October 2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Hops,

Try these guys, loads of info and links to all sorts of fighter stuff.

http://streetfighters-mcc.co.uk

:bike:

big jamsie
23rd October 2007, 06:41 PM
:agreed:

looks very similar to my old fzr 750 import

Mr Angry
24th October 2007, 10:27 AM
Old Yams do make good fighters, this was done a few years back.

Including bike purchase, new back tyre, tax and test, all done for less than a grand.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t229/alistair_pott/Exup1.jpg